1. There’s no better occasion than Valentine’s Day to buy a hot pink dress by LAILA AZHAR from Seattle boutique, Sway and Cake. The drapey, one shoulder dress has built-in bust support and a ruched detail. On sale now for $225. Sway and Cake is located at 1631 Sixth Ave. Downtown across from Nordstrom.
2. I can’t resist cupcakes, especially not when they are PINK in honor of Valentine’s Day. Indulge yourself with a Strawberry Cupcake or try the decadent chocolate from Wink Cupcakes in Seattle. $36/dozen.
3. You don’t have to dig through your handbag to locate your iphone to find out what time it is anymore. Wear a watch instead! I like the Pink Adidas ‘Candy Collection’ watch from Nordstrom. $60
4. A red handbag is the easiest way to spice up a little black dress or add glamour to jeans and a pair of heels. I love the French Connection red bow clutch from Queen Anne Dispatch. $78. 2212 Queen Anne Avenue N.
5. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to treat your sweetheart to a cut and color at Red Salon & Day Spa in Seattle. Ask for Chantelle. She has been doing my color for years and she’s amazing. Red Salon is located at 1925 3rd Ave. in Belltown.
6. Babydoll by Yves St. Laurent is a great pick for Valentine’s Day if you’re looking for a fragrance. For starters, it’s pink and the bottle is absolutely adorable, secondly with notes of almond tree blossom and white peony it smells delicious too. $39 for 1 oz. Sephora is located at 415 Pine Street, Downtown across from Westlake Center.
7. If you’re looking for an affordable spa experience head to Duque Salon in Ballard for the Chocolate Kiss package featuring a Ghiradelli chocolate and organic strawberry facial, shampoo + style and a movie start make-up application $150
8. The groundhog saw his shadow, which means six more weeks of winter. Naturally that means that a tropical vacation is in order. In which case your sweetheart will need a pair of watermelon colored Tory Burch sandals from Posh on Main in Bellevue. $115
9. Say, “I love you” with VIP tickets to Project Red Dress, Seattle’s hottest student design competition. VIP tickets include premier runway seating and a luxury swag bag filled with goodies from event sponsors including Clutch, Gene Juarez and Seattle Metropolitan Magazine. The event is on Friday, February 13th at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. $75
10. Last but certainly not least, who can resist a pink Kunzite cocktail ring for Valentine’s Day from local designer Bruce Magnotti? The stone is 14.7 carats and the band is 14k gold. Price available upon request at Magnotti Design.